Southern Belle in Training

Fashion, Travel & Lifestyle Blog || Est. 2012 || Virginia Beach, VA

September 30, 2013

Friday was blogger day.

     What a wonderful Friday I had! It was a great start to my weekend, and a positive end to a long and stressful week. And why was it wonderful? Because of blogging friends! :-)

     One of my favorite fashion bloggers, Caitlin of Southern Curls and Pearls, was the feautured fashion blogger for Lilly Putlizer of Charlotte's Fall Styling party! I was beyond excited to find out that Caitlin would be in Charlotte, and to have the event take place at a Lilly store made it even better! I have a sorority sister, Hannah, who used to blog, so I invited her to accompany me to the mall to meet Caitlin. I wore my favorite Lilly dress (which made an appearance in this OOTD post)!

Caitlin and I! LOVED her Lilly dress. :-)

My ADPi sister Hannah and I.

     It was so wonderful to meet Caitlin in person! I have loved reading her blog, and her outfits are always so chic and stylish- they sometimes provide inspiration for my own outfits! Caitlin's sweet mom was also at Lilly, and it was so nice to meet her as well. I hope to meet Caitlin again sometime soon!! While in the Lilly store I also got to chance to browse the new fall collection. I wasn't able to afford buying a new Lilly dress right now (sorority dues are expensive y'all), but I did buy a cute new phone case for my iPhone 5S! I got to order the new iPhone when my parents were in town last weekend and I can't wait for it to come in! My iPhone 4 is definitely on its way out... haha.

     Here are two of the dresses that I loved looking at in the store!





     Also on Friday, I got to Skype for the first time with my blogging friend Jessica from Forever Convinced. Many of you might remember Jess as one of the lovely bloggers who I did the "Summer of Something New" blog challenge with this summer! In addition to that, we have actually become quite close over the internet. We exchanged lengthy e-mails all summer, and I have loved getting to know Jess. But, back to the Skype thing. Let me just say that I'm NOT a big Skype person at all, Like AT ALL. I think it's a cool invention, but the quality of my webcam isn't that great, and someone's internet usually starts to fail in the conversation and it always ends up freezing. It's an annoyance. I do enjoy Skyping a few times a year with my Japanese friend Anna, but that's usually about it.

    Anyways, on Friday night I was supposed to Skype with a friend from home, but that fell through. I went on Facebook chat looking to see who was online. I noticed that Jess was, and I sent her a message saying "Hey I know this is last minute but do you want to Skype?" That ended up leading to the BEST SKYPE CHAT EVER. Seriously though! It was so easy for Jess and I to talk, and there was no awkwardness at all. We were laughing and laughing, and I was able to tell her the funny backstories and details to many of my blog posts about my personal life. Unfortunately our conversation had to be pretty short, but I cannot wait until the next time that we can talk! I feel so blessed to have made such an amazing friend through blogging, and I pray that we can meet in person someday (SOON)!


     And lastly, a huge congratulations to my friend mQs from The Shore Life According to M, who finished Rush at her college and ended up also choosing Alpha Delta Pi! So excited that I can call my blogging friend my sister. :-) The funny thing is that the ADPi Leadership Consultant who was at my school during Bid Day also was at mQs's school!! Such a small world.


     Hope y'all are having a great Monday!


     xoxo Miss ALK


Share:

6 comments

  1. What a fun day! And those dresses are absolutely gorgeous - I'm jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww glad you had fun!! Love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seemed to have really enjoyed yourself! Glad you did [: & I think it's cool that you get to meet your blogger friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out sister!

    xoxo
    mQs

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had such a fun weekend :)! I love the blue Lilly dress you included in this post!

    Lauren,
    http://atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous! What a pretty dress!

    XO, Sarah http://www.thebellainsider.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading Southern Belle in Training! Comments make my day- so feel free to share your thoughts on this post! I read each and every comment.
If you have a question in regards to one of my posts, or just want to say hi, the best way to get ahold of me is by e-mailing me directly at: rainbowflash94@yahoo.com. I am better about responding to e-mails than blog comments sometimes!
Xoxo

Blog Design Created by pipdig