Southern Belle in Training

Fashion, Travel & Lifestyle Blog || Est. 2012 || Virginia Beach, VA

September 5, 2013

Favorite Things Thursday: Posts from the first year of SBIT.

     Happy Thursday evening dear friends!! My week has been so very stressful, and because of that I wasn't able to get this post up as early in the day as I would have liked. But here it is, better late than never. :-)


Southern Belle In Training


     Since my first year blogoversary (and 19th birthday!) is tomorrow, I figured now would be the perfect time to look back at some of my favorite posts that I've written in the past year! I also have gotten a lot of new followers this past summer, so this might be a fun way for some of my newer blogging friends to look back at my older posts. 

  1. Here is post that I wrote in November 2012 about how attending a Christian college was impacting my faith for the better!! (My former college was a Christian school.)  "Going Deeper."
  2. I wrote in post in February 2012 about one of my favorite memories from my senior year of high school... prom dress shopping! "One of my favorite senior year memories."
  3. I wrote about my thoughts on Victoria's Secret in April 2013. This post only got one comment, but I consider it to be one of my best posts! "Victoria's Secret: more than just a fashion statement?"
  4. Right after my freshman year of college ended in May 2013 I did a post documenting some of the best moments from fall and spring semesters... and since I ended up transferring I'm so glad that I have some of my best memories from my old school all wrapped up in one post. :-) "First year of college = DONE!"
  5. In June and July 2013 I decided to get brutally honest on my blog and share about two situations with guys that had happened during my freshman year of college. Both situations involved me having a crush on a guy, but neither resulted in relationships for different reasons. I learned a lot through both experiences and decided to share what was on my heart! "Guy lessons from reflection {Part 1}" and "A sort of part 2 on "guy lessons from reflection."
  6. Following up after my two posts on failed crushes/relationships, I wrote a post with a new perspective on singleness. I think this is one of my best blog posts to date. "From failure to triumph."

     I also have a few favorite OOTD posts! You can see those herehere and here! Something ironic is that my favorite outfits from my closet are dress or skirt outfits, but all of my favorite OOTD posts on my blog involve jeans or shorts. 


     Stay tuned tomorrow for a special birthday/blogoversary post! I'm off to enjoy my last night as an 18 year old... aka doing homework and then going to a club meeting on campus. :-)


     xoxo Miss ALK
Share:

2 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of going back and selecting your favorite posts as a way of celebrating one year of blogging! Great posts!

    Lauren,
    http://atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading Southern Belle in Training! Comments make my day- so feel free to share your thoughts on this post! I read each and every comment.
If you have a question in regards to one of my posts, or just want to say hi, the best way to get ahold of me is by e-mailing me directly at: rainbowflash94@yahoo.com. I am better about responding to e-mails than blog comments sometimes!
Xoxo

Blog Design Created by pipdig