Southern Belle in Training

Fashion, Travel & Lifestyle Blog || Est. 2012 || Virginia Beach, VA

May 4, 2013

Spring Formal inspiration.

     Tonight is the annual Spring Formal dance at school! Sadly the weather seems to be a bit confused about what season it is... it's currently cloudy, windy, and around 50 degrees. :-( Hopefully it will warm up a little bit by later! Anyways, I decided that I was going to attend this dance without buying anything new. The school that I'm transferring to has many more formal events I figured that I'll be spending a lot of money in the next few years on fancy attire, so I decided to try and created a new look out of some things that I already had.

     I have a pretty large amount of make-up, but I often to do the same look everyday. My go-to look is silver eyeshadow, a little bit of black or dark brown eyeliner, and my favorite mascara. It works for school and everyday life, but I wanted to do something really fun and dramatic for tonight. I started thinking about celebrities whose make-up I love. I've been watching way too much of That 70s Show on Netflix lately (It's what's kept me sane through the last weeks of school!), and I realized how gorgeous actress Mila Kunis's make-up always is. Take a peek!





     After settling on my make-up inspiration, I found this amazing Youtube tuturial on how to get Mila's unique smoky eye look. I was excited to discover that I already owned a lot of similar products to the ones used in the video. It was easy to follow and I did a test run last night which came out amazing  (There's a picture on my Instagram)! Below is the tutorial that I used:


     Below is a picture of the dress that I'm wearing. It was my senior homecoming dress last year. This is a terrible picture- I'll try and get some better pictures tonight! To update the look I'm wearing different shoes and jewelry.




     Hope that y'all are having a wonderful weekend! I'll try and do a post with pictures from formal tomorrow or Monday.


     xoxo Miss ALK
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading Southern Belle in Training! Comments make my day- so feel free to share your thoughts on this post! I read each and every comment.
If you have a question in regards to one of my posts, or just want to say hi, the best way to get ahold of me is by e-mailing me directly at: rainbowflash94@yahoo.com. I am better about responding to e-mails than blog comments sometimes!
Xoxo

Blog Design Created by pipdig