Southern Belle in Training

Fashion, Travel & Lifestyle Blog || Est. 2012 || Virginia Beach, VA

March 8, 2013

Home sweet home // blog business.

     This past Tuesday I made my latest trip to the doctors office. The newest diagnosis for the symptoms that have been making my life miserable for almost two weeks is a "severe sinus infection." (On the bright side, my second mono test came back negative, so that's something that I don't have to worry about!) The bummer though is that the doctor told me that he didn't reccomend me going on my planned Spring Break trip to Italy with a group from my school. He said that I needed several more days of rest to finally beat this thing.

     As much as I was dissapointed that I couldn't go on my trip, the main thing that I was concerned about was being stuck any longer at school. I was so homesick. Being that ill by myself was definitely one of the hardest things that I've ever had to go through. Almost miraculously though my dad was able to find me a last minute flight to come home. And when I say last minute, I mean getting a phone call from my mom that I was able to come home...if I was packed and in the car headed to the airport within 20 minutes...that kind of last minute. :-) Somehow I was able to pull it off though!

     I've been home for two days now, and I haven't left my house since I've gotten here. Flying while being sick wasn't too bad, (minus the fact that my ears felt like they were going to explode on the descent into the airport), but the rushed trip took away whatever little energy I had left. I am so thankful to be home and able to see my parents, but I've also been in a bit of a mood slump the past couple days. I'm a huge extrovert and total people person, and it's been a bit of a lonely couple weeks for me. Also since I missed two full weeks of school I'm going to be in way over my head when I go back to school with make-up work. I also have a lot of make-up work that I brought home for next week. I feel like all of the stress of school is preventing me from being able to have an enjoyable break.

     On the bright side, now that I'm home and recovering hopefully my blog posts can stop being about sickness updates and will go back to fashion and lifestyle posts. :-) And now for some blog business: I finally have a blog button!! You can find it on the sidebar of my homepage. And I'm also pleased to announce that I was accepted as a member of the Southern Blog Society! This is the first official blogging community that I have joined and it's wonderful to be a part of it. I'm hoping that this will allow me to make more blogging friends and also attract more readers to my blog.


     Now time to wrap up this post so I can bring y'all this week's edtion of Fun Fact Friday!


     xoxo Miss ALK
   
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading Southern Belle in Training! Comments make my day- so feel free to share your thoughts on this post! I read each and every comment.
If you have a question in regards to one of my posts, or just want to say hi, the best way to get ahold of me is by e-mailing me directly at: rainbowflash94@yahoo.com. I am better about responding to e-mails than blog comments sometimes!
Xoxo

Blog Design Created by pipdig