Southern Belle in Training

Fashion, Travel & Lifestyle Blog || Est. 2012 || Virginia Beach, VA

October 12, 2012

Fashion Post {10/11/12}

     It's been a really long week for me at school. I had midterms in 3 of my 5 classes which was beyond stressful! It was also freezing here in North Carolina for most of this past week- in the low 50s most days! It was actually warmer most days in my hometown in Maine, crazy right?! So what better way to celebrate the end of a tough week and the start of more warm weather tn by breaking out the polka dots?!








  • Shirt: JC Penney (August 2012)
  • White Camisole (under shirt): Rue 21 (September 2012)
  • Jeans: American Eagle (Fall 2011)
  • Boots: Shoe Depot (September 2011)
  • Necklace: Walmart (2006-yep! 7th grade throwback)
  • Earrings: Gift from a friend (Fall 2010)

     I'm obsessed with the peplum trend, so when my mom and I found this shirt on sale at JC Penney this August I knew that I had to have it! JC Penney is one of the few department stores that we have up in Maine. It's definitely not my favorite store, but I have been able to find some cute things there during my high school years. This shirt is really light weight and flowy which I love. I think that peplum is an awesome style of shirt to wear because it hugs and showcases your curves without being super low-cut and showing a ton of cleavage! And the polka dots are just awesome. :-)
     My skinny jeans are from American Eagle. I love their jeans. Technically, these are the "jegging" style, although they aren't real jeggings and fit more like skinny jeans. AE jeans come in so many styles and washes, and are frequently on sale. Plus AE has an amazing free rewards program and sends me coupons all the time, so I rarely pay full price for something there. A lot of skinny jeans are too long on me, but I'm too tall to buy a "short" cut fit. These are regular legnth and are the perfect legnth!
      Aren't my boots just the cutest things ever?! I showed you my old boots in my last fashion post, but these are a pair that I bought upon arriving at college. They were under $40 which I think is a great deal for adorable fall boots! They have a 2 or 3 inch wedge heel built in, but are surprisingly comfortable and supportive. I love wearing heels but it's hard to do at my college because the classroom buildings are far from where I live in campus, so any heels that are comfy and cute I welcome!
     I got the necklace that I'm wearing in this post in the 7th grade at Walmart. Yes... Walmart. It's actually super long so I like to twist it around a few times. For many years I forgot that I owned it and it became lost amongst my other jewelry, but this past year I rediscovered it and was thrilled at how well it matched this shirt! Moral of the story: cute jewelry can be found pretty much anywhere! My earrings were a gift from a high school friend a couple years ago.


     I have another busy weekend (as usual) coming up at school, and then next weekend I get to go home to Maine for a few days since my school will be having fall break! It'll be a crazy week of packing, cleaning, activities and trying to get a lot of homework done so I can have a homework free vacation. Gosh- it's so weird to call going to my real home a "vacation!" 

     I hope that all you beautiful people have a great weekend yourselves! What will you be up to?


     xoxo Miss ALK
Share:

3 comments

  1. Where in NC do you like?? :) I am moving to North Carolina very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many of us feel as though we are in touch with current fashion trends, but are we really? It's often the people who feel as though they are fashionable that one day look around and find that they don't know anything about current fashion trends. No one wants to be this person, but it seems as though the most well intentioned people end up going all wrong where fashion is concerned. Micheal Kors Bags

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the high demand for fashion jobs, you need to be sure of what it is that you want to do so you can get started on pursuing your dream in this competitive industry. Below you will find descriptions for several fashion jobs and, subsequently, be one step closer to establishing your career in the fashion industry. Polo Ralph Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading Southern Belle in Training! Comments make my day- so feel free to share your thoughts on this post! I read each and every comment.
If you have a question in regards to one of my posts, or just want to say hi, the best way to get ahold of me is by e-mailing me directly at: rainbowflash94@yahoo.com. I am better about responding to e-mails than blog comments sometimes!
Xoxo

Blog Design Created by pipdig